Wednesday, September 30, 2009

lovely interview with interior designer katrina

ladies, here's a new interview with a lovely interior designer katrina from designfabulous. katrina is a talented girl who runs her own business in richmond, va. as you can see, katrinas personal style is very chic and inspired by french { oh la la!! } romance with soft colors and beautiful fabrics. she also has a shop filled with wonderful cushion! here, i give you katrina!

S5001596

~~
LC: Your work as a interior designer. What is your personal style and where do you get your inspiration from?

My personal style is very classic. I love classic designs because they have worked out all their flaws. I believe in letting a room develop slowly, as the pieces speak to you. I try to never purchase a cheap fix just to fill a space. My generation has grown accustom to the quick fix and immediate gratification, but I think one should save for furniture and other design elements that are worth their money and worth hanging onto. This doesn't mean every piece has to be the most expensive thing you can find, but it does mean you should truly love the thing you buy.

LC: What's the biggest interior design no-no you could imagine?

Designing straight from the catalog. I hate seeing a room where every piece matches and nothing is original. Buying individual pieces that are unique unto themselves is key to a great room. However, you don't want to have too many focal points in one room. It is a delicate balance.

PICT0025

LC: Who is your all time favorite designer, stylist and photographer?

Phoebe Howard's classic designs are always perfect and always inspire me. Everytime I see a room I love it is Phoebe who designed it. I don't really think I have a favorite stylist. My favorite photographer has to be my dad. He is such a natural talent and has a perfect eye for color.

LC: If you could have a house in anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?

Hmmm, I think I would have a house in Paris, but I have never been there so I don't really know for sure. I can imagine, however, that a house overlooking the streets of Paris with design elements reminiscent of Versailles would suite me just fine. I would have to learn the language though.
~~

il_430xN_80090478

il_430xN_77311315

l-o-v-e the cushions! thank you sweet katrina for your inspiration!


♥ Love&Decorate, Tiina

1 comment:

www.designfabulous.com said...

You are so sweet, thanks for the feature. It is truly a compliment!